Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Restaurant Review: Pancer's Deli Emporium - Vaughan, ON

I usually don't rant and rave about a restaurant after just one visit, but this place blew my mind. On Sunday afternoon, after a visit to the LOCBO (Liquor Over-Control Board of Ontario), I was very pleasantly surprised when I stumbled upon Pancer's Deli.  I've been in this plaza before, but never noticed the Deli.  On a whim, I poked my head in the door to discover the treasures within.

I'm not even sure what else was on the menu, because as soon as I saw the slicer cranking out the corned beef, I looked no further.  Corned beef on rye it was.  As I salivated all the way home with the sandwich riding shotgun, I reflected on the great corned beef sandwiches I've had in places like New York and Las Vegas.  Could something so close to home even compare?  The answer quite simply is, yes.  The sandwich was one of the best I've had in recent memory and in my opinion, would hold its own with some of the best.  The coleslaw was a little bland, but the sandwich was the bomb.

If you find yourself anywhere near Dufferin and Major Mac and have a soft spot for cured meat, do yourself a favor and stop in.  You will not be disappointed.

http://www.pancersdeli.ca/

No comments:

Post a Comment