Thursday, July 8, 2010

Movie Review: Grown Ups


 We checked out 'Grown Ups' last night at the theatre and I was quite skeptical, especially after the last couple of Sandler movies... Click and the Zohan were pretty painful in my mind's eye.  Quite surprisingly, this movie is actually really funny.  It goes back to the days of classic Sandler (including the Steve Buscemi cameo), back to the days of Billy Madison, Happy Gilmore and Big Daddy.  The movie also has a great cast (littered with SNL alumni) who strongly contribute to making this movie work.  They even dug up David Spade!

The storyline is relatively predictable and at times altogether missing, but there is enough comedy in there to carry it through.  I am hoping that Sandler continues in this gear as his movies were really starting to grate on me... 'Punch Drunk Love' has to be in my top ten worst movies ever.  Stop that.  Bad Adam.

Rating: B

No comments:

Post a Comment