Monday, January 14, 2013

Deluca's Restaurant - Pittsburgh, PA

Nestled in the market district of Pittsburgh, Deluca's was a busy little spot on a Friday morning!  Always a good sign.

Now, when I look at the menu in a diner, my eyes always seem to gravitate towards the corned beef hash; this time was no different.  I find that the hash is a pretty good benchmark in judging a diner.  Deluca's effort was strong, not the best corned beef hash I've ever had, by far, but it was certainly passable. It did it's job, soaking up the leftover booze from the night before and leaving a notable grease stain on my fork.

Portions, huge. Coffee, fresh. Staff, polite and prompt.  If you're looking for a greasy spoon in the Steel City, by all means check out Deluca's, a true hard-working-man's, American diner.

No comments:

Post a Comment