Monday, January 14, 2013

The Red Wagon - Vancouver, BC

We made the most out of a pre-cruise layover in Vancouver, knocking The Red Wagon and The Tomahawk off of the Triple D to-do list. Our plane touched down around 9:00am and by 11:00am we had made it to our hotel and onward to The Red Wagon. Not exactly on the sunny side of the street, but well worth the cab ride through the Hastings district - I do not advise walking to this location.

How was it, you ask?  Five words: Jack Daniels Pulled Pork Pancakes... need I say more. I do not classify myself as a pancake-type-of-guy, but these blew me away.  Light and fluffy, porky goodness with maple and a hint of booze... the perfect balance. The coffe was fresh and plentiful, and you could tell there were a lot of regulars in the joint - on a Thursday!  Be sure to visit if you're in town.

No comments:

Post a Comment