Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Rant: The Side and Effect


Okay, let's see now?  This is not a joke. These are the actual potential side effects of a drug manufactured to cure depression - and in fairness, I will not name the drug (although I'm sure you could figure it out if you really wanted to). I found myself watching the commercial for this drug, and after they listed the ninth or tenth side effect, I was actually laughing aloud.  Now, depression is no laughing matter, however I think I would rather be depressed instead of opening myself up to even two items on this list.  I can see it now... "I'm not depressed, but this hot dog tastes like grapes, I'm cold, my stomach hurts and I'm going to f***ing kill you... now let's go play in that fountain"...

Without further adieu, here is the list...

Nausea; Drowsiness; Headaches; Dry mouth; Dizziness; Insomnia; Constipation; Fatigue; Diarrhea; Loss of appetite; Sore throat or runny nose; Weakness; Sweating; Vomiting; A decreased sex drive (libido); Upper respiratory tract infection; Coughing; Shakiness (tremors); Frequent urination; Muscle pain; Sexual side effects, including ejaculation problems, a decreased sex drive (libido), erectile dysfunction, and orgasm problems; Blurred vision; Anxiety or agitation; Weight loss; Hot flashes; Yawning; Abdominal pain (or stomach pain); Vertigo (a spinning sensation); Gas; Chills; Indigestion or heartburn; Seasonal allergies; Muscle spasms; Taste changes; Abnormal dreams; Cough; Suicidal thoughts or behavior; Hostility or aggressiveness; Engaging in unusual or dangerous activities; Restlessness or inability to sit still; Extreme elation or feelings of happiness that may switch back and forth with a depressed or sad mood; Other unusual changes in behavior; Low blood sugar (hypoglycemia); Chest palpitations; Difficulty passing urine; Signs of an allergic reaction, including an unexplained rash, hives, itching, unexplained swelling, wheezing, or difficulty breathing or swallowing; Atrial fibrillation; Congestive heart failure; Canker sores; Ear pain; Acne; Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS); High cholesterol or high triglycerides; High blood pressure (hypertension); Sensitivity to the sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment